Asian Journeys’ RED DRAGONFLY PROJECT is a youth outreach effort to reach young people in the HDB Heartlands. Many of these youths have great potential and talents which can be nurtured and unleashed.
Our aim is to work with parents and to initiate mentoring relationships with adult mentors and youth leaders in the community to provide a constellation of coaching and support network for these youths.
We seek to walk alongside these young people to discover their dreams and passion through experiential learning journeys, small group workshops and volunteerism projects to help them develop their self-leadership and personal effectiveness for life.
The Red Dragonfly Project is a youth development initiative of Asian Journeys Ltd, a not-for-profit social enterprise, in partnership with volunteers, schools and various welfare service organizations as well as corporate partners. The Red Dragonfly Project is supported by the Lee Foundation.
RED DRAGONFLY PROJECT Programmes include:
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT:
1. Knowing Your Personality Traits (2 hours)
Understanding Oneself and Developing Versatility in Relationship
2. Knowing Your Learning Styles (2 hours)
Understanding How You Learn & Learning to Be Good at What You Like
3. Knowing Your Team Roles (2 hours)
Understanding What It Takes to be Effective and Be Part of a Project Team
4. Dealing with Your Adversity and Diversity (2 hours)
Understanding Yourself and Developing Resilence to Overcome Adversity
DARE TO DREAM:
1. Sowing Seeds of Greatness (2 hours)
Character Traits for Living a Great and Successful life
2. Dare To Be A Peacemaker
Face up to the Difficult People and Conflicts in Your Life
3. Speak Up, Speak Well : Youth Speaking Skills Workshops (2 hrs x 6 sessions)
This 6-session Workshop is designed to be an introductory course in encouraging and coaching youths
to Speak Up and Learn the art of Speaking Well.
4. READ WIDELY & WRITE WELL: A LEARNER IS A LEADER (2 hrs x 6 sessions)
Begin the Journey of Life-long Learning and learn anything throughout life
DARE TO SERVE:
1. The Second Mile Spirit: The Spirit of the Good Samaritan (2 hours)
Successful Traits for Developing a Life of Quality and Service
2. INTO THE STREETS: TOUCHING BASE WITH HUMANITY (Local Service)
Skills for Serving the Ones You Serve
3. SERVICE-LEARNING: SOCIAL CONCERNS IN ASIA (Overseas Service)
Making Sense of the Big Problems the Little Guys Face
4. THOUGHTFUL ACTION: BEING HUMAN (2 hours)
Learning to be Careful and Considerate for Those We Serve